14 Home Remedies for Constipation
In modern lifestyles, most of the people do not have time to have proper meals. Many adults suffer from constipation due to improper food habits or fast lifestyles. They end up having junk food every time they feel hungry.
Constipation is a common disorder of the digestive system. The general symptoms of constipation are irregular bowel movement and passing hard bowel.
Eating food less in fiber and not drinking plenty of water are main causes of constipation. Less exercise results in improper bowel movement and causes constipation too. Sometimes drugs can also constipate you.
Constipation can be the main cause for many diseases as it produces toxins, which get mixed in the blood causing diseases like high blood pressure, cancer, cataract, appendicitis and arthritis.
So, it is always useful to know the basic home remedies for constipation. Here are few:
- Eat guava with seeds to add roughage to the diet.
- Take glass of water, squeeze a half of a lemon and half teaspoon of sugar, mix it and drink it before any breakfast as the drink in the morning.
- Slices of tomato with some salt. Eat it in the morning before any meal or drink.
- Drink 2-3 glasses hot water in the morning.
- Papaya has peptic acid, which is a very good home remedy for constipation.
- Bananas are very high in fiber and help in the restoration of bowel movement.
- Physical inactivity can lead to other serious diseases and disorder apart from constipation. Do regular exercise.
- Husk seed mixed with half a cup of hot milk is a very good remedy for people suffering from chronic constipation.
- Women can have one spoon of ghee with hot milk every night to avoid constipation during pregnancy
- To clean and heal the digestive system, you can take Aloe vera juice twice a day.
- Eat lots of fruits, green vegetables cabbage, peas, carrots, garlic, sweet potatoes; all these are high in fiber.
- Ginger tea is a great home remedy for constipation.
- Take high carbohydrate and protein diet. Do not take too much fat in your diet. Avoid White breads, chocolates, pastries, pizza’s, burgers.
- Eating chapatti made of wheat as well roasted gram is also very good and reduce constipation.