COMMON Written Exam (CWE) For Banks PO/MT: Apply Online at www.ibps.in
INSTITUTE OF BANKING PERSONNEL SELECTION invites Online Applications from INDIAN citizens for Recruitment of Probationary Officers / Management Trainees in 19 Public Sector Banks.
The Banking sector in India is poised for a high trajectory growth with prospects for a bright career to thousands of new entrants. Here is a unique opportunity for aspirants for a career in 19 Public Sector Banks through a Single Common Examination
A Common Written Examination (CWE) will be conducted by the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) as a pre-requisite for selection of personnel for Probationary Officer/ Management Trainee posts in the Public Sector Banks mentioned below.
This system of Common Examination for recruitment of Probationary Officers/ Management Trainees has been approved by each of the 19 participating Public Sector Banks and the Managing Committee of the Indian Banks’ Association (IBA) with the consent of the Government of India.
IBPS, an autonomous body registered under Societies Registration Act 1860 and a Public Trust under Bombay Public Trust Act 1950, has been authorised by IBA and has received a mandate from the 19 Public Sector Banks listed below to conduct the Common Written Examination. The CWE for Probationary Officer/ Management Trainee posts will be conducted twice a year by IBPS.
|Allahabad Bank||Indian Overseas Bank|
|Andhra Bank||Oriental Bank of Commerce|
|Bank of Baroda||Punjab National Bank|
|Bank of India||Punjab & Sind Bank|
|Bank of Maharashtra||Syndicate Bank|
|Canara Bank||Union Bank of India|
|Central Bank of India||United Bank of India|
|Corporation Bank||UCO Bank|
|Dena Bank||Vijaya Bank|
An individual who aspires to join any of the above Public Sector Banks as a Probationary Officer/ Management Trainee will necessarily be required to take the CWE. Prospective candidates who wish to appear for the CWE will have to apply to IBPS and should carefully read the advertisement regarding eligibility criteria, online registration process, pattern of examination, issuance of call letters and score cards.
Candidates who appear for the CWE will be able to check their status after the examination. Scorecards will be issued to candidates who secure minimum qualifying marks and above in each test of the examination.
Each participating Public Sector Bank will independently issue a separate recruitment notification, specifying their vacancies and stipulating the eligibility criteria in terms of age, educational qualification, experience (if any), minimum required level of IBPS score in each component test plus Total Weighted Score (if any) etc.
Successful candidates in the CWE who have been issued scorecards and who meet the stipulated eligibility criteria are then required to apply to any of the participating banks they wish to, quoting their personal details and their CWE scores. Each bank will then individually shortlist candidates and carry out their own selection processes such as Group Discussions and/ or Interviews etc. for final selection.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA (as on 01.07.2011)
Please note that the eligibility criteria specified is the basic criteria for applying to various Public Sector Banks. However merely applying for CWE/ appearing for the examination does not imply that a candidate will necessarily be eligible for employment in all or any of the 19 Public Sector Banks as each Bank will stipulate its own eligibility/ qualifying criteria.
Prospective Candidates should ensure that they fulfill the specified eligibility criteria before applying for the Common Written Examination (CWE):
I. Nationality / Citizenship: A candidate must be either:
- a Citizen of India or
- a subject of Nepal or
- a subject of Bhutan or
- a Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India, provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) & (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
AGE LIMIT (As on 01.07.2011):
- Minimum: 20 Years Maximum: 30 Years
- The maximum age limit specified is applicable to General Category candidates. Relaxation as per government of India rules.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS (as on 01.07.2011)
- A degree in any discipline from a recognized University or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government.
- Other detailed information regarding the written examination will be given in an Information Handout, on IBPS website which will be made available for the candidates to download along with the call letter.
PENALTY FOR WRONG ANSWERS
- There will be penalty for wrong answers marked in the Objective Test. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate one fourth or 0.25 of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty to arrive at corrected score. If the total of the penalty for a test is in fraction, the marks obtained will be rounded off to the nearest integer, i.e. if fraction exceeds by 0.50 or more, it will be rounded off to next higher integer. If for any question a candidate gives more than one answer, it will be treated as wrong even if one of the given answers happens to be right and there will be the same penalty of 0.25 of the marks assigned to that question deducted as penalty. If a question is left blank, i.e. no answer is given by the candidate, there will be no penalty for that question.
- The corrected scores obtained by each of the candidates will further be converted into standardized scores following Linear Conversion Method.
- Each candidate will have to secure a minimum standardized score in each of the tests to qualify in the written examination and to be considered for vacancies in the participating banks. The cut-off points will be decided based on the national average (National Average – V\ Standard Deviation for General category candidates and National Average – % Standard Deviation for Reserved Category candidates).
CWE SCORE CARD
- IBPS will print the Score Cards for each of the qualifying candidates and will send the same by Registered/ Speed post to each candidate at the correspondence address specified in his/ her online application.
VALIDITY OF CWE SCORE CARD
- Score Cards issued by IBPS will be valid for one year from the date of issue of the Score Card.
- Candidates can appear in subsequent examination(s) to enhance their scores if they so desire.
- The written examination will be conducted in venues across many centres in India. The list of Written Examination centres is available in Annexure I.
- IBPS, however, reserves the right to cancel any of the Examination Centres and/ or add some other Centres, depending upon the response, administrative feasibility, etc.
- As far as possible candidates will be allotted to a centre of his/her choice however IBPS also reserves the right to allot the candidate to any of the Centre other than the one he/she has opted for.
- Candidate will appear in the written examination from a Examination Centre at his/her own risks and expenses and IBPS will not be responsible for any injury or losses etc. of any nature.
- No request for change of centre for Written Examination shall be entertained.
It is proposed to impart Pre-Examination Training to a limited number of candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribes/Minority Communities at some centers viz. Agartala, Agra, Ahmedabad, Amritsar, Allahabad, Aurangabad, Balasore, Bareilly, Bhubaneshwar, Behrampur (Ganjam), Bhopal, Bengaluru, Chandigarh, Chennai, Coimbatore, Dehradun, Dhanbad, Gulbarga, Gorakhpur, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Hubli, Indore, Jabalpur, Jaipur, Jammu, Jodhpur, Kanpur, Karnal, Kavaratti, Kochi, Kolkata, Lucknow, Ludhiana, Madurai, Mangalore, Mumbai, Muzaffarpur, Mysore, Nagpur, New Delhi, Panaji (Goa), Patiala, Patna, Port Blair, Puducherry, Pune, Raipur, Rajkot, Ranchi, Rohtak, Sambalpur, Shimla, Siliguri, Shillong, Thiruchirapalli, Thiruvananthapuram, Tirupati, Varanasi, Vadodara, Vijaywada and Vishakhapatnam .
All eligible candidates who wish to avail of Pre-Examination Training should fill in the relevant column in the ON-LINE APPLICATION. All expenses regarding traveling, boarding, lodging etc. will have to be borne by the candidate for attending the pre-examination training programme at the designated Centers. IBPS, however, reserves the right to cancel any of the Pre- Examination Training Centres and/ or add some other Centres, depending upon the response, administrative feasibility, etc.
Merely attending Pre-Examination Training does not necessarily imply a candidate’s right to be selected in any of the 19 participating Public Sector Bnaks mentioned.
HOW TO APPLY
- Candidates can apply online only from 09.07.2011 to 01.08.2011 and no other mode of application will be accepted. Pre-Requisites for Applying Online
- Before applying online, candidates should scan their photograph and signature ensuring that both the photograph and signature are within the required specifications as given in Annexure II.
- keep the application fee remittance details (Transaction details such as NEFT UTR No., IFSC Code etc.) ready in case of cash payment through NEFT enabled branches of any of the 19 PSBs named/ Keep the necessary details/documents ready in order to make online payment of the requisite application fee.
- have a valid personal email ID, which should be kept active till the declaration of results of this round of CWE. IBPS may send call letters for Pre-Examination Training, Written Examination etc. through the registered e-mail ID. Under no circumstances, a candidate should share/mention e-mail ID to / of any other person. In case a candidate does not have a valid personal e-mail ID, he/she should create his/her new e-mail ID before applying on-line and must maintain that email account .
Application Fees/ Intimation Charges (Payable from 08.07.2011 and 30.07.2011 boths dates inclusive)
- Rs. 50/- for SC/ST/PWD candidates.
- Rs.450/- for others
Transaction charges for NEFT/ Online Payment will have to be borne by the candidate
Mode of Payment
- ONLINE MODE of payment of requisite fees or
- OFFLINE MODE i.e. payment of fees through NEFT enabled branches of the 19 named Public Sector Banks
(1) Payment of fees via the ONLINE MODE
- The application form is integrated with the payment gateway and the payment process can be completed by following the instructions.
- The payment can be made by using only Master/ Visa Debit or Credit cards by providing information as asked on the screen.
- On successful completion of the transaction, an e-receipt will be generated.
- Candidates are required to take a print of the e-receipt which will have to be submitted with the Call Letter at the time of written examination.
OFFLINE MODE: Payment of Fees through NEFT enabled branches of the 19 named Public Sector Banks Candidates are required to fill the NEFT voucher as required by the Bank with beneficiary details as follows.
- Name of the Account : IBPS CWE- Officers’ Cadre- 2011
- Account Number : 005120110000667
- Payee Bank : Bank of India
- IFSC Code : BKID0000051
Candidates can then make payment of the requisite fee. The NEFT payment receipt must be collected from the Bank where payment has been made.
Candidates should check that the receipt is properly signed and the details of NEFT UTR NO., IFSC code of the sending Bank branch, Name of the sending Bank, City name, Deposit date, Amount etc. are noted in the NEFT Payment Receipt by the Branch authorities.
Filling in the Online Application
- Please note that all the particulars mentioned in the online application including Name of the Candidate, Category, Date of birth, Address, Email ID, Centre of Examination etc. will be considered as final and no modifications will be allowed after the last date specified for Editing/ Updating the same. Candidates are hence requested to fill in the online application form with the utmost care as no correspondence regarding change of details will be entertained.
- Candidates are first required to go to the IBPS’s website www.ibps.in and click on the Home Page to open the link “Common Written Examination”
- Candidate is now ready to apply Online by clicking on the option “CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE FOR CWE- PROBATIONARY OFFICER/ MANAGEMENT TRAINEES SEPTEMBER 2011″ to open up the On-Line Application Form.
- The Application Format consists of two pages in case candidates are remitting their application fees through NEFT. However in case of payment of fees through online mode the Application Format will consist of three pages.
- Candidates should carefully fill in the details in the On-Line Application at the appropriate places very carefully and click on the “SUBMIT” button at the end of the Page 1 of the On-Line Application format. Before pressing the “SUBMIT” button, candidates are advised to verify every particular filled in the application. The name of the candidate or his /her father/husband etc. should be spelt correctly in the application as it appears in the certificates/mark sheets. Any change/alteration found may disqualify the candidature.
- On Page 2 of the online application format, candidates are required to upload their photograph and signature as per the specifications given in the Guidelines for Scanning and Upload of Photograph and Signature (Annexure II).
- After upload of photograph and signature, in case of candidates who have paid the requisite application fee through NEFT, a Registration Number and Password will be generated. Candidates should note their Registration Number and Password for future reference.
- In case candidates wish to pay fees through the online payment gateway after the upload of photograph and signature Page 3 of the application form is displayed wherein candidates may follow the instructions and fill in the requisite details.
- If the online transaction has been successfully completed a Registration Number and Password will be generated. Candidates should note their Registration Number and Password for future reference.
- If the online transaction has not been successfully completed then the following message is displayed ‘Your online transaction was unsuccessful. Please register again’ Candidates may then revisit the ‘Apply Online’ link and fill in their application details again.
After applying on-line, the candidate should immediately take a printout of the system generated on-line application form, ensure the particulars filled in are accurate and retain it for future reference. They should not send this print out to the
No acknowledgment will be given for online registration. However a Registration Number and Password will be generated and an email/ sms intimation will be sent to the candidate’s email ID/ Mobile Number specified in the online application form. If candidates do not receive the email and sms intimations at the email ID/ Mobile number specified by them, they may consider that their online application has not been successfully registered.
An online application which is incomplete in any respect such as without the photograph and signature uploaded in the online application form will not be considered valid.
Request for change/correction in any particulars in the Application Form shall not be entertained under any circumstances AFTER THE LAST DATE FOR Editing/ Updating application details specified. IBPS will not be responsible for any consequences arising out of furnishing of incorrect and incomplete details in the application or omission to provide the required details in the application form. Candidates are advised in their own interest to apply on-line much before the closing date and not to wait till the last date for depositing the fee to avoid the possibility of disconnection/inability/failure to log on the IBPS’s website on account of heavy load on internet/website jam.
IBPS does not assume any responsibility for the candidates not being able to submit their applications within the last date on account of the aforesaid reasons or for any other reason beyond the control of the IBPS.
Please note that the above procedure is the only valid procedure for applying. No other mode of application or incomplete steps would be accepted and such applications would be rejected.
Any information submitted by an applicant in his/ her application will bind the candidate personally and if found to be false shall be liable for prosecution apart from consequences in civil law as may be deemed requisite.
Note: There is a provision to modify the submitted Online Application. Candidates are requested to make use of this facility to correct their details in the Online Application if any. This modification facility will be available up to 03.08.2011. After this date, no modification will be permitted. Candidates should take utmost care while filling in the Online Application. Please note that no modification in fee payment details will be permitted for candidates who pay fees through the online mode.
CALL LETTERS FOR WRITTEN EXAMINATION
- The date of the Written Examination has been tentatively fixed for 18.09.2011 (Sunday). However, the date of Examination shall be intimated in the Call Letter along with the Centre/Venue address.
- All eligible candidates should download their call letter and Information Handout from the IBPS’s website www.ibps.in by entering his / her details registration Number and Password/Date of Birth, after 04.09.2011. No hard copy of the call letter/ Information Handout will be sent by post.
- Candidates have to bring their call letter along with Original Fee Payment Receipt (e-receipt/ NEFT payment Receipt) and their photo identity proof in original as well as a photocopy while attending the written examination.
In the examination hall, the call letter along with the Original Fee Payment Receipt (e-receipt/ NEFT payment Receipt) and a self attested photocopy of the candidate’s photo identity such as PAN Card/ Passport/ Driver’s Licence/ Voter’s Card/ Bank Passbook with photograph/ Photo identity proof issued by a Gazzetted Officer/ People’s Representative along with a photograph should be submitted to the invigilator for verification. The candidate’s identity will be verified with respect to his/her details on the call letter and in the Attendance List. If identity of the candidate is in doubt the candidate may not be allowed to appear for the Written Examination.
Note: Candidates have to submit Original Fee Payment Receipt (e-receipt/ NEFT payment Receipt) and photocopy of the photo identity proof along with Examination Call Letter while attending the written examination, without which they will not be allowed to take up the examination.
This advertisement is also available on IBPS’s website address www.ibps.in Candidates are advised to remain in touch with IBPS’s website for any information which may be put for further guidance.
Decision of the IBPS in respect of all matters pertaining to this examination would be final and binding on all candidates.
|Start date for Online Registration||09.07.2011|
|Payment of Application Fees||08.07.2011 to 30.07.2011 (both days inclusive)|
|Last date for Online Registration||01.08.2011|
|Last date for Editing Application Details||03.08.2011|
|Download of Call letter for Written Examination||After 04.09.2011|
The written examination will be held at the following centers and the address of the venue will be advised in the call letters:
|State Code||State /UT||Centre|
|11||Andaman & Nicobar||Port Blair|
|14||Assam||Dibrugarh Guwahati Jorhat Silchar|
|18||Dadra & Nagar Haveli||Bulsar|
|19||Daman & Diu||Bulsar Jamnagar|
|22||Haryana||Hissar Karnal Panchkula Rohtak|
|24||Jammu & Kashmir||Jammu|
|25||Jharkhand||Bokaro Dhanbad Jamshedpur Ranchi|
|26||Karnataka||Belgaum Bengaluru Gulbarga Hubli|
|29||Madhya Pradesh||Bhopal Gwalior Indore Jabalpur|
|30||Maharashtra||Aurangabad Kolhapur Mumbai NagpurNasikPune Solapur|
|35||New Delhi||New Delhi|
|45||West Bengal||Berhampur (West Bengal)|
Important link: Complete Notice
To View Advertisement: Click here
To Download Cash Voucher: Click here